Monday, June 23, 2014

Baby Announcement

 We are proud to announce the arrival of a baby turkey for our mama turkey!  After a failed attempt to hatch out a  borrowed egg from the chickens, I decided we needed to go the adoption route.  So, off to Guys Farm and Yard I went to see if they had any unclaimed/orphaned baby turkeys from their recent 'chick days'.  Sure enough there was a little bronze turkey baby, needing a home.  So I laid down my $6.25, boxed up the baby and brought it home to our patient brooding mama.  All I had to do is put the little chick in front of mama, and off the chick went, under the wing Mama loving lifted at the sight of it.  Since then the two have been a happy little pair.  She took to mothering right away, and the little chick has been peeping contentedly ever since.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Nike

Nike
good 'ole Nike, we miss you!